Monday, October 16, 2017
The rush of transplants from Northern States has brought an entire class of people who thumb their noses at the idea of registering their cars in Mecklenburg County. They drive for months, in many case years on expired and often altered out of state tags. Because CMPD can't run out of state tags to see if they are valid they ride along undeterred. Even if CMPD pulls an out of state car with expired tags they can't write a ticket for the expired tag.
Visit the massive Elevation Church parking lot on any Sunday and take notice of all the out of state tags with Elevation Church stickers on the rear window. These are people who have moving to Charlotte, lived here long enough to discover Elevation and join the 10000 member congregation. The number of out of state tags is stunning.
And its not just the phony Christians at Elevation Church that dodge paying their fair share, my neighbor parks his Audi A8 and his wife's Lexus ES 350 in their pricey South Charlotte garage both have SC tags. This is a guy who lives in a 3/4 of a million dollar house with $100 worth of cars dodging and he's too cheap to pay Char/Meck property taxes.
Friday, October 13, 2017
You can see the video here be warned it's stupid and it's graphic.
By Friday morning Chalotte Mecklenburg Police were searching for Kyle Adam Maraghy and his girl friend Leigh Anne Nasri.
Kyle Maraghy seated section 541, row 24, seat 10, and the raging girl fried Leigh Anne Nasri will likely be banned from future CarolinaPanthers games.
According to the fan who captured the attack on his cell phone, Maraghy and a woman appearing to be his girlfriend Leigh Anne Nasri of 165 Porter Rd Statesville, NC were standing for the entire game in the cheap seats of the stadium. The people sitting behind the couple exchanged words with the couple throughout the game, asking them to take a seat numerous times.
|Maraghy and girlfriend Leigh Anne Nasri|
|Kyle Adam Maraghy|
|Kyle Maraghy and girlfriend Leigh Anne Nasri|
Kyle Maraghy doing the dab, this alone is reason to lock him up.
|Leigh Anne Nasri|
Thursday, October 12, 2017
If there was I'd rate the memorial service for Robbie Jaeger Five Stars.
My wife and Robbie's mother Jan have known each other for years, and Heather, Robbie's younger sister and my wife worked together at the same bank.
I first met Robbie years ago during the whirlwind of life on both side of 9/11 at date that so many of us mark the passage of time. Now 16 years later my picture of Robbie is finally complete.
The deal was simple enough, a sort of go fund me before anyone considered "Go Fund Me" or "Kick-Starter" or even had iPhones. Seems he and a friend were working on a play or maybe it was a sitcom, I have no idea, except he put a pile of papers on my desk and offered to make me a producer. Sadly, I never looked at more than first couple of pages. I smiled and thanked him for the offer, told Robbie I'd have to think about it and picked up the phone to call Mrs. Cedar the moment the door closed.
I learned a few things last night during the Memorial Service, first I am no judge of talent and second my life is better for knowing Robbie Jaeger.
Robbie was extremely talented, his resume' is long and amazing, actor, singer, dancer and more.
But wait ....
This was more than a memorial service or a review of life accomplishments, this was a production, that featured appropriately a prelude of a dozen Broadway Show Tunes.
Thomas Moore then delivered a stunning rendition of Amazing Grace which left those gathered awestruck and conflicted as whether to stand and applaud, or sit solemnly. We all sat quietly. But that would was the only time as the message became clear Robbie was a performer and applause was indeed acceptable.
Yesterday's Memorial service was also mix of raw emotion as several people talked of Robbie. Martha O'Neill told wonderfully funny stories as did Corina Knott both while holding back tears, Ian Johnson powered through his words while over come with emotion.
Though these wonderful people, I also learned that Robbie also had a quirky side, such as....
He loved watching reruns of the "Golden Girls" that 1990's sit-com featuring Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan, and Estelle Getty.
Turned our that Robbie's idea of the perfect baby sitting gig was spending time with his young nephew, napping on the couch and watching runs of the Golden Girls.
When WFAE's Mike Collins rose to speak his voice cracked and he struggled as well. But the show must go on and he was able with the support of Brian Kahn to give us all a sense of what it was like to work with Robbie over the years. Susan Roberts and Jenna Opiela expressed their gratitude for Robbie's life as well.
Then the 16 member cast of Charlotte Squawks joined together to give a perfect performance of "Season of Love" followed by Ashley Bradford who spoke for Robbie's family.
Reverend John Cleghorn addressed those gathered speaking about love and caring for each other, something that Robbie lived his life by.
The thoughtful words, tender moments, prayers and memories continued for nearly two hours.
But what is a production without a slam bang, epic ending to tie it all together?
I'm sure Robbie would have approved of Mike Collins "borrowing" Robbie's young nephew James plopping him up on a pew as they both led the cast of Charlotte Squawks in a terrific loud and prefect rendition of "Thank You or Being a Friend" the Golden Girls Theme song.
What a wonderful and fitting finish!
Robbie blessed so many with his life, including Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts who this morning said via Twitter "His was a life lost way too young. Robbie will be missed by many."
Mayor Roberts was one of more than 100 people who came together to remember Robbie Jaeger last night.
Godspeed Robbie - Cedar Posts
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Monday, October 9, 2017
Sunday, October 8, 2017
Friday, October 6, 2017
No two police officers are alike. Similarly, no two duty assignments are alike. SWAT cops and School Resource Officers are all cops, but they have vastly different training, responsibilities and types of citizen contacts.
Motor cops have the primary objective of enforcing traffic laws, while vice cops go after street drugs and conduct prostitution stings. Even instructors are different – an FTO uses different training methods than a DT instructor.
Let’s not even get started on the differences between patrol officers and administrative guys.
Again please be advised that what follows is not CP's creation so feel free to pass it along and add your own touches.
And to whoever started this list, thank you!
- Grow facial hair and tell everybody you were ordered to do so
- Start wearing “Tap Out” T-shirts
- Start watching every episode of “Monster Garage”
- Buy a biker wallet with a big chain
- Practice the “Don’t acknowledge me, even in the police station” look
- Ensure that every case involves overtime pay
- Learn to play golf while drunk
- Wear team T-shirts (size small), Oakley sunglasses and boots every day
- Try to fit the word “breach” and “tactical” into every conversation
- Have a mirror handy to check hair (if you have hair)
- Never say hello to anyone who is not an operator – just practice your SWAT nod
- Subscribe to Soldier of Fortune, Guns and Ammo, and Muscle and Fitness magazines
- Learn to play golf wearing a gun, a tactical knife and a back-up gun (just in case)
Community Service Units
- Hate SWAT
- Work to make everybody love you
- Paint your office in pastel colors
- Think feng shui at all times
- Subscribe to Psychology Today magazine
- Learn to play miniature golf
- Write tickets to EVERYBODY
- Spend every weekend cleaning your bike and polishing boots
- Annoy the shit out of everyone on the radio by having complete disregard for anyone else’s radio traffic
- Talk about nothing but how many tickets you wrote in one day
- Constantly ride by a building with big windows to see your reflection
- Refer to the “other” law enforcement officers as “car cops”
- Remember that “LBR” (Look Bitchin’ Riding) is your mantra
- Golf is lame – motor rodeos are cool
- Become completely sadistic
- Show pictures of your latest dog bite
- Brag about your largest drug find
- Smell like a dog at all times
- Workout three times a day
- Show off your bruises
- Attend three-hour lunches every day and tell everybody it’s a “meeting”
- Upgrade department cell phone every month
- Tell everybody you are published in a national law enforcement magazine
- Update your revenge list on a weekly basis
- Expert at PowerPoint, bar charts and graphs
- Play LOTS of golf – golf is awesome
- Develop nerves of steel and tell everyone about said nerves of steel
- Remain in a terminal state of nausea from department politics
- Lose your ability to keep your mouth shut
- Acquire a refined taste in alcohol
- Beat the crap out of your caddy on any bogeyed shot
- Automatically grasp the door handle until your knuckles turn white as soon as the car is put in gear
- View a multiple-victim homicide in progress as a “good training opportunity” and ask to take primary
- Develop a life-long case of irritable bowel syndrome
- Remember that less than three hours of OT is a quiet day
- Come in at 0800
- Take “breakfast” from 0815 to 1030
- Work from 1030 to noon
- From noon to 1400, eat lunch and work out
- From 1400 to 1700, sit in CID and plan your next RV, fishing or motorcycle trip
- Remind everyone as often as possible “how we used to do it”
- Try to fit the word “liability” into every sentence
- Talk about “what you’re hearing from upstairs”
- Don’t be ashamed that you are unable to grow facial hair
- Watch every episode of “Cops” and “Southland”
- Memorize the opening monologue to “End of Watch”
- Try not to get too excited when the SWAT guys walk by
- Arrive for work three hours early
- Never drink on the golf course because it violates the open-container ordinance
- Show up for work 15 minutes early
- Buy only the best ink pens (Pilot G2)
- Wear t-shirts of your “dream department” under your uniform
- Wear a full duty belt of gear even though you have to remove everything when you arrive at the facility
- Become friends with every local police officer
Defensive Tactics Instructors
- Remember to stretch before making an arrest
- Spend hours debating the advantages of RCB vs. straight stick
- Wear yoga pants off-duty
- Always remember that Chuck Norris is GOD
- Spend more than $50 on a quality wood baton
- Giggle when a suspect starts to resist
- Respond to every question/statement with the word, “Huh?”
- Remember that you have a lead/blood percentage level higher than the current chief’s approval rating
- Operate under the assumption that the more beer you drink, the more of that lead leaves your system
- Buy a new tactical handgun as a Christmas gift for the wife/girlfriend
- Use an image of a custom 1911-A1 for a screensaver
- Wear the latest high-tech electronic hearing protectors during normal conversation
ConclusionThat’s the list. Again, I have no idea (despite serious effort to find out) who came up with this gem. Now it’s up to all of you to add to it in the comments section below. Have fun my brothers and sisters, and stay safe out there.
Thursday, October 5, 2017
On October 5, 1993, EOW - Officers Andy Nobles and John Burnette were responding to a call about a suspicious vehicle in Boulevard Homes. After the officers confirmed that the vehicle had been reported stolen and that the driver was a wanted person, the driver ran into a nearby wooded area.
The officers caught up with the suspect, and a struggle ensued. During the fight, the suspect was able to grab one of the officers' service weapon and shoot both of them.
The suspect Alden Harden was later apprehended after an intense manhunt.
Officer Nobles was 26 Officer Burnette was 25.
In the 24 years since, Charlotte has erected a memorial Uptown to honor all officers who died in the line of duty. Burnette's and Nobles' names are there.
Yesterday after the usual Wednesday practice the routine presser took place which gives media types a chance to ask marque players like Cam Newton questions.
During the presser Jourdan Rodrigue asked Cam this little detailed gem:
|Megan Fox as Mikaela Transformers 2007|
Charlotte Observer reporter Jourdan Rodrigue posted an apology on Twitter after three tweets she posted years ago were discovered by Black Sports Online.
In two of the tweets, Rodrigue referenced laughing at racist jokes. In the third she uses the word “nigga.”
“I apologize for the offensive tweets from my Twitter account from 4/5 years ago,” Rodrigue said today. “There is no excuse for these tweets and the sentiment behind them. I am deeply sorry and apologize.”
Wilson's Twitter rant continued for nearly an hour spiraling ever more out of control. The more Ridenhour tied to be reasonable, the crazier Wilson got finally blocking Ridenhour prevent any further conversation.
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
These theatrics have become common place during the NFL's pre game effort, most often during the National Anthem. Trouble is the protesters aren't sure what they are protesting and they are often left to explain the meaning behind their, taking a knee, sitting on the bench, linking arms with some teammates and more.
FoxSports, as a general rule, does not show players taking a knee or doing whatever during the National Anthem.
So what Cam came up with was a raised "Black Power" clenched fist on field.
This is sort of melodramatic, silliness Newton is famous for and it continued post game as he refused several sideline interviews as he stormed off the field into the locker room.
Friday, September 29, 2017
|Anila Daulatzai Resisting All The Way|
The incident occurred on September 26, 2017 as Southwest Airlines flight 1525 was set to depart at 8:40 p.m. from BWI.
Daulatzai deleted her Facebook content pretty quickly. Expect that libtards will be quick to point out that Daulatzai is a Muslim (aka person of color) and that the arresting officers are white.
Its time that the Federal Government get on this madness. Any failure to obey the command of a flight crew member should be a federal offense with automatic 5 years and a $10,000.00 fine. Plus, a lifetime ban from commercial aviation travel.
In the week that followed Anila Daulatzai decided to play the "race card" claiming as a "woman of color" she was targeted by the airline staff. The video says otherwise and the criminal charges speak for themselves.